[Xmca-l] Re: Winn's Exploring the Literate Trajectories of Youth across Time and Space

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Sat Mar 28 13:51:58 PDT 2015

Hi Annalisa---

I think you payed compliments to Paul that were intended for Peter. All
very biblical!  :-))

To me a big question that makes me want to read more of Maisha's work is to
better understand how the special teachers, those who were involved in
local community literacy practices/values/histories, managed to include
them in their public high school classrooms with all of the rules,
regulations, standardized testing, etc. that is involved.

Does such boundary shattering require exceptional people?
or perhaps

What are the boundaries to such boundary shattering??

mike

--
"Each new level of development is a new relevant context." C.H. Waddington