[Xmca-l] Re: "Scaling up" and "Big ideas"

Greg Mcverry jgregmcverry@gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 14:18:04 PDT 2015

This is common in the US as well. Especially in border states with Mexico.
Recently  a wave of unaccompanied minors (5 and 6 years old) trying to
immigrate without parents by traveling 1,000 of miles.

There is some recent research in the literacy community around
transnational literacies but in terms of activism you have DREAM advocates
and not enough....

The same event sparked a wave of xenophobia that ended immigration reform
in US.

In terms of the original post fidelity and scale have always been the
impossible dream of outcome based research.

The same is true of education reform and development in general.

Instead of fidelity I think we should try for federated development. Have a
shared goal but allow for the plan to be forked and localized.