[Xmca-l] Re: "cultivating Minds

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Tue Mar 3 20:40:33 PST 2015

Larry---

Luria reported that Vygotsky was interested in demonstrations of phenomena
of critical interest to him, such as children incorporating objects and
people into their goal directed actions, but did not care much about big N
studies. Experiments "pour voire" i think is how ARL referred to his
attitude.  Not unlike Simmel in that regard.
mike

--
It is the dilemma of psychology to deal as a natural science with an object
that creates history. Ernst Boesch.