[Xmca-l] Re: "cultivating Minds

HENRY SHONERD hshonerd@gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 19:58:16 PST 2015

Annalisa,
I AM confused about most things, and think that my email to you was on the ungrounded side. Most of all, comparing myself with Abbie, or Jerry is silly. I think I was maybe hinting at that. Embarassing; I am squirming a bit thinking about that. They took big risks tugging on Judge Hoffman’s beard at the trial of the Chicago 8. And they kept at it. And I also implied very strongly that it’s better to be hit by a car than commit suicide. I certainly cannot say that despair is not a legitimate response to what is going on whenever. That scares the hell out of me, but then so does the idea of doing what Jerry or Rubin did or Medea does. It’s hard to save the world when you’re caught between despair and stage fright. I agree with you that it’s good that we both threaded the needle until now. Again, I’m not sure what this has to do with performance art. And whose mind got cultivated. I’m drifing again.
Henry