[Xmca-l] Re: "cultivating Minds

HENRY SHONERD hshonerd@gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 21:43:12 PST 2015

Larry and Mike,
I think you guys are on to something. Thank goodness for valence, the salt of the earth according to the McGarrigles:

KATE & ANNA MCGARRIGLE
"NaCl"
Just a little atom of Chlorine, valence minus one
Swimming through the sea, digging the scene, just having fun
She's not worried about the shape or size of her outside shell
It's fun to ionize
Just a little atom of Cl with an unfilled shell
But somewhere in that sea lurks handsome Sodium
With enough electrons on his outside shell plus that extra one
Somewhere in this deep blue sea there's a negative
For my extra energy
Yes, somewhere in this foam my positive will find a home
Then unsuspecting Chlorine felt a magnetic pull
She looked down and her outside shell was full
Sodium cried, "What a gas, be my bride
And I'll change your name from Chlorine to chloride!"
Now the sea evaporates to make the clouds for the rain and snow
Leaving her chemical compounds in the absence of H2O
But the crystals that wash upon the shore are happy ones
So, if you never thought before
Think of the love that you eat when you salt you meat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpTzawl3OmI <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpTzawl3OmI>

Henry