[Xmca-l] Re: "cultivating Minds

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Mon Mar 2 15:23:05 PST 2015

Amazing "coincidence" Larry--- I just wrote to Urs who I have not
corresponded with for years as a result of going through his book on
cultivating minds. It has a chapter on behavior
settings as media for promoting children's development that has me
re-thinking a number of issues. Among other things, there is a very
interesting discussion of Roger Barker's research program. Very worth while

I could not open that file you sent, but I found the link to the journal
article. Its here:

http://lchc.ucsd.edu/Histarch/ja93v15n1.PDF

There are a number of other interesting/relevant articles there. "The sound
of the violin" is a favorite.

Thanks for reminding us of Simmel.
Today, March 1, was his birthday!
Coincidence?
mike

--
It is the dilemma of psychology to deal as a natural science with an object
that creates history. Ernst Boesch.