[Xmca-l] Re: David Lancy/AERA symposium proposal?

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Wed Jun 17 14:36:39 PDT 2015

I think the two topics are not that closely related, Henry.  David was a
student colleague at Yale in the mid-1960's and is acknowledged as a
contributor on the title page of *The Cultural Context of Learning and
Thinking" which we published in 1971. He has since gone on to a
distinguished career in which he has both conducted cross-cultural research
and used archival sources to enrich and complicate our ideas about culture
and development.

The work in which we study activities that " school-age children do
voluntarily" came much later and so far as I know, David has not engaged in
research of this kind.

I will not be at AERA this coming year, but your topic certainly is of
interest to me!

mike

--

All there is to thinking is seeing something noticeable which makes
you see something you weren't noticing which makes you see something