[Xmca-l] Re: The Emergence of Boundary Objects

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Wed Jul 22 21:13:17 PDT 2015

Andy/Lubomir--

I am overwhelmed by this thread so this's query may be badly timed. But
....  I recall Lubomir writing that AT was centered on the subject. And now
Andy is gesturing to Strands of AT theory that give everything to the
object.

Question-- isn't this a version of Rubenshtein/Leontiev schools' conflict?
Or LSV "vs" AN L on the problem of the environment?

Or?

What is at stake here theoretically and practically?
Mike
PS.  I am still trying to absorb the multifaceted discussion of boundary
object.  I almost want to ask -- what forms of joint mediated activity do
not involve boundary objects? But I am pretty sure that not knowing the
answer to this question is a result of the richness of the discussion.

It's fair to say that XMCA is a boundary object??
Mike

--

Both environment and species change in the course of time, and thus
ecological niches are not stable and given forever (Polotova & Storch,