[Xmca-l] Re: Having an experience

Beth Ferholt bferholt@gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 20:03:57 PDT 2015

Yes, this really makes sense!  So it is the doing that is the practical
energy.  SO Marx was writing about a method of perezhivanie?

I may be conflating things but I am trying to piece together several pieces
(like how in a big city you know a whole neighborhood as a world unto
itself, and then you find out it is in the same area as another
neighborhood that you know well -- but you did not know they were connected
-- ).

Actually that process of piecing together across the gaps is also related
to what we are talking about.  Of course.  When you age in a city you also
have the depth of the memories in layers at a given place, and this
stringing together across time and place is what Virginia Woolf calls life:
moments in which "life stands still her" strung together like a strand of
pearls = with gaps between them.

Beth

--
Beth Ferholt
Assistant Professor
Department of Early Childhood and Art Education
Brooklyn College, City University of New York
2900 Bedford Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11210-2889

Email: bferholt@brooklyn.cuny.edu
Phone: (718) 951-5205