[Xmca-l] Re: Thought and language as oscillating and pulsing [or not]

Annalisa Aguilar annalisa@unm.edu
Sat Jan 31 17:19:41 PST 2015

Hi mike,

I'm sorry for confusion, and I will do my best to clarify. I am responding to a part of your previous post in this thread. You had written:

*Meaning *is not just a property of thinking. Meaning penetrates [infuses] the structure of motor and perceptual activities.

So we are talking, so to speak, about "zhivanie" followed by "perezhivanie" (living and living through, System 1 and System 2 in current cog sci jargon?

I found that I couldn't place affect in this representation, and yet affect is present, particularly in "living and living through." I had thought there might have been a jump from thinking to "motor and perceptual activities," without a space/place for affect. So I was adding how I saw the affect as a part (constituted with) of this, in addition to motor and perceptual.

It was something I was responding to in the words themselves.

Kind regards,

Annalisa

From: xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu <xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu> on behalf of mike cole <mcole@ucsd.edu>
Sent: Saturday, January 31, 2015 5:49 PM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Thought and language as oscillating and pulsing [or       not]

​Annalisa -- The way you have posted your note leaves me clueless about why
you are addressing me, or what it is that I wrote that you are addressing.
We certainly agree that emotion and cognition are mutually constituted.

Clue me into the message that gave rise to these thoughts and suggestions.
mike

​

--
It is the dilemma of psychology to deal as a natural science with an object
that creates history. Ernst Boesch.