[Xmca-l] Re: I like the idea of "xe" as genderless article in English.

Annalisa Aguilar annalisa@unm.edu
Fri Jan 30 10:34:59 PST 2015

Awesome sauce!

I think then not to create additional options, that I'd defer to "xir" over "xits" which sounds like pimples (zits). The reason I like X- instead of Z- is that it has an appeal of contraction, I'm not sure what the technical term is in linguistics, but like saying "Xmas," the X in this case standing in for the person whose gender may or may not be known.

But ze, zir, zirs is good too, and so I guess I am adding to the pot by attempting a hybrid of ze/zir/zirs and xe/xem/xyr/xyrs by proposing this:

xe/xir/xirs.

That combination isn't covered on the page you sent. I believe mine is more ecological.

I also want to say that discussion considering the content of the article link I sent may also be considered a standing and open invitation, because there is A LOT there to discuss than just genderless articles.

But regardless! :)

Thanks for this, José!