[Xmca-l] Re: Reference data bases

Greg Thompson greg.a.thompson@gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 08:50:14 PST 2015

Just talking this over with my students yesterday.

Endnote is probably the most common utility. Here is a link:
http://endnote.com/product-details
Intro and training videos for endnote can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/EndNoteTraining

Mendeley has a very friendly interface for reading and marking up pdf's.
You can store pdf's on your device or you can store them in the cloud for a
monthly fee.
http://www.mendeley.com/

Zotero is, I think, particularly easy to use if you are just looking for an
easy way to cite-while-you-write (the others have this capability too), but
you have to use Mozilla in order to use it:
https://www.zotero.org/

There are other more stripped-down versions like Refworks, but for what you
want to do I'm guessing that Endnote is probably what you want. It also
looks like X7 version has cloud sharing too so you can store your entire
library in the cloud and access it anywhere and even share it with up to 12
people! Mike, since you are a man on the move, I think you could really
take advantage of that...

-greg

--
Gregory A. Thompson, Ph.D.