[Xmca-l] Re: Laws of evolution and laws of history

Kindred, Jessica Dr. jkindred@cnr.edu
Sat Jan 17 08:58:28 PST 2015

Does it mean thaqt nothing remains constant, or that everything depends on conditions... which does surely speak to history.
From: xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu [xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu] on behalf of Andy Blunden [ablunden@mira.net]
Sent: Saturday, January 17, 2015 8:37 AM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Laws of evolution and laws of history

And I found the Engels he was quoting, in the Russian translation:

    /Вечные законы природы /также превращаются все более и более в
    исторические законы.

The English translation says:

    The eternal laws of nature also become transformed more and more
    into historical ones.

but then it goes on to say:

    That water is fluid from 0°-100° C. is an eternal law of nature, but
    for it to be valid, there must be (1) water, (2) the given
    temperature, (3) normal pressure.

So this does NOT mean what it appeared to mean. Engels simply means
"nothing remains constant" It is not saying anything about "laws of
history"!!

Andy
*Andy Blunden*
http://home.pacific.net.au/~andy/