[Xmca-l] Re: What is a Pedagogy of the Oppressors?

larry smolucha lsmolucha@hotmail.com
Wed Jan 7 22:44:22 PST 2015

Hi Annalisa,

Yes, I see there is great controversy regarding the idea of an Aryan invasion/migration
to Indian. From what I was able to read (on the internet) the controversy is ongoing
and politically charged.  I did not see any evidence (genetic, linguistic, or archaeological)
that the Vedic culture in India is far more older than 2,000 B.C. (Vedic Sanskrit).
There were paleolithic people in India, and around 4000 to 2500 B.C. the Dravidian
culture of the Indus River Valley appeared.

This topic might be too emotionally charged to ever be resolved by scientific research.
The National Geographic Genome project could eventually document migration routes.