[Xmca-l] Re: What is a Pedagogy of the Oppressors?

Annalisa Aguilar annalisa@unm.edu
Wed Jan 7 20:12:18 PST 2015

Hi Francine,

Immediately I must post this link in response to your view of the Aryans. I must divulge that there is significant doubt about Aryan conquests; the Vedic culture is far, far more older than 2000 B.C, which is non-trivial.

http://www.hindunet.org/hindu_history/ancient/aryan/aryan_frawley.html

I can't say where stoicism generates, but Buddhism did arise from Vedic culture, likely in response to corruption in the caste system, which is my sense of things putting it all together, which is to say, I've not researched this and cannot offer citations.

I'm not sure how many Buddhists know the Buddha was very likely taught the Vedas, since he was an Indian prince, after all.

Sometimes oppression happens accidentally, just by not knowing the real story! Another nod to hermeneutics!

Kind regards,

Annalisa