[Xmca-l] Re: Re-search Testimonio and Hermeneutics

Larry Purss lpscholar2@gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 20:42:28 PST 2015

Annalisa,
Yes, similarly exploring works and meaning. Original meaning as expressed
in works, which need to be continually re-worked when encountered and
experienced

Considering *testimonio* being informed within third spaces, I purposely
started a new thread on hermeneutics to be careful to allow the other
thread to develop those specific understanding(s) of testimonio.  THIS
 meaning as being created within a specific cultural historical tradition.
Many references were offered linking that tradition to Vygotsky and
activity theory and the 5th dimension.  The specificity of that thread as
developing within particular situations of designed pedagogy as living in
third space. I wanted to honour and recognize the specificity of this
tradition as developing beyond my experiences, but as an example of living
in truth with self and community
However, I did *perceive* or *hear* an overlapping theme with this
other tradition of hermeneutics which I wanted to point out as possibly
sharing a mutual theme of *hearing the other into voice* as a particular
type of *witnessing*.
In other words, testimonio has the potential to transform and deepen the
theoretical approach of philosophical hermeneutic(s) that originally formed
and developed in a very different German context.
Therefore the value of  two alternative threads. I myself am trying to
situate cultural historical theory as both literature and science that
seems to be a unique way of linking these themes.

Larry