[Xmca-l] Re: Re-search Testimonio and Hermeneutics

Larry Purss lpscholar2@gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 19:05:55 PST 2015

Annalisa,
If we first consider *testemonio* or more generally *works* as human modes
in contrast to the more general *objects* that may include testimonio,
literature, painting, commentary, AS  *works* but go beyond *works* then we
can contrast notions of *works* as parts and notions of *objects* as being
more encompassing, general, and abstract because *objects* also includes
natural phenomena.
    Hermeneutics then is understood as re-searching  the meanings expressed
through  culturall historical *works*.  Meaning as mutual intersubjective
phenomena within human *works* is the realm of activity which
*philosophical hermeneutics* explores both theoretically and practically.
Voice, and witnessing and the notion of "hearing each other into voice" is
the ethical virtue expressed within the theoretical foundations of
*philosophical hermeneutic(s)*

Testimonio can be *read* as a more specific situated event of re-searching
this particular type of  meaning as cultural modes of creating *works*
Larry