[Xmca-l] Re: Re-search Testimonio and Hermeneutics

Annalisa Aguilar annalisa@unm.edu
Thu Jan 1 18:28:38 PST 2015

Larry,

What I wonder though is if it isn't a mode but a meaning. It isn't the testimonio per se (as a mode), but what it points to, what it references. Otherwise it is just a transcript, and I don't think that that is what you *mean*.

We don't search for modes, we search for meaning, don't we?

Just adding to the soup!

Kind regards,

Annalisa

From: xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu <xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu> on behalf of Larry Purss <lpscholar2@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 1, 2015 7:21 PM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Re-search Testimonio and Hermeneutics

Yes, multi-modal.
The notion of *encompassing* suggests that *voice* and *hearing each other
into voice* has been less dominant and in some ways marginalized. Not in
fact, but in theory.
A case could also be made for other *modes*.  However *voice* as used by
Richard Palmer is indicating another tradition that overlaps our re-search.
Testimonio is exploring *voice* AND *design* and *third spaces* which can
deepen our understanding of modes as multi-modal and deeply complex. It is
a SPECIFIC STANCE answering a particular situated reality, but may also be
exploring a more encompassing
way of living.
Larry