[Xmca-l] Re: (no subject)

Haydi Zulfei haydizulfei@rocketmail.com
Sat Feb 28 07:09:37 PST 2015

Mike,
Maybe I've been speaking about something which is crystal-clear to you . I thought you and the majority of good colleagues here think of Vygotsky as ignoring the act altogether . It's always been my problem when reading Vygotsky . At times , while reading , I reach a point where I can see quite clearly , transparently that , as I said , Vygotsky took deed for granted . His favorite province was to do research on how child's development finds its way through conversion of functions a la benevolence of word and broader conceptions plus nuances and interplay with deed . As Francine talks so fluently and understandably about what Vygotsky intends to say about each problem , I decided to see how she thinks about this point . I think she came up with brilliant words in this respect .

And the tying with politics of the Day , I think , is the task before each of us . Prior to your message , I read Miguel's invitation for an act of social fibre . That , too , comes from the infiltration of capitalist rule within even the tiniest corner of people's social life . Macro-social anti-popular plannings of global transnational Capitalism requires our collective talk and deed , union and unison so that life might traverse more smoothly upon the path . Asia , Africa , Australia , Americas , far from dealing with the dim points which are to be found in each nation's history , should be on the alert against the threats which knows no boundary and no interruptions . Thanks so much !
      From: mike cole <mcole@ucsd.edu>
 To: Haydi Zulfei <haydizulfei@rocketmail.com>; "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l@mailman.ucsd.edu>
 Sent: Saturday, 28 February 2015, 2:34:52
 Subject: Re: [Xmca-l] (no subject)

I do not understand the central message of this note, Haydi.mike

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 8:57 AM, Haydi Zulfei <haydizulfei@rocketmail.com> wrote:

I said the dominant province of Vygotsky's work ; that means all through his works , he uses terms and expressions which denote or connote "action" : behaviour , operation , activity , work as labour proper and these are not things which might escape your good attention .

Then denial of action is denial of what Vygotsky has taken for granted .

Vygotsky does have an unending love for word and literature , art in general ; Then we should not take him as being guilty because he either did not have time or he did not want to deal with the analysis of "action" .

In his "Higher Psychological Functions" , he first talks about an environment , he stresses that the environment necessitates use of tools even for the months-old child , then he elucidates in details the influence of speech upon each function . It's my assumption that Vygotsky implies that when everything is in place , that is , when by the blessings of speech , all functions are ripe and rich and replete with influences , then the gown-up , adolescent , adult , man becomes ready to go fully for transformations . And I don't mean : word ends , action begins ; no linear advancement . through zigs and zags , heading towards will be the agenda .

I ask : is that the case that you think that Vygotsky thought that with rich , ripe psychological functions a la speech influence , man was finished with everything to continue living ?? I'm afraid not ! Man now had to take one very big step further , farther . To have ideals , to let them penetrate cycles of activities to provide products to satisfy needs because the richest , ripest talk will not satisfy life needs .

Capitalism today though decaying , has opted for horrendous deeds and wants to go ahead with these deeds through futile talks . Destructive arsenals are not for defense as coming from rich beneficial talks ; they won't wait for the United Nations' benevolent tribunes nor for the written files therefrom , either .

The United Actions of all the oppressed peoples of the world may wayward another big disaster !!
and that requires already agreed upon talks ; otherwise no deed will be a crowned one !
Cheers

--
It is the dilemma of psychology to deal as a natural science with an object that creates history. Ernst Boesch.