[Xmca-l] Re: Erratic Marxists

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Sun Feb 22 06:54:45 PST 2015

Thanks for your informed comments on this topic, as well, Morten and Andy.
Its important for us to consider as all of us observe what is happening and
wonder, again, what follows trends so marked, that it is possible for the
notion of the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer becomes a
part of everyday American popular discourse. I can remember all too clearly
when expressing such opinions was sufficient to have people loose jobs and,
and if they engaged in political action to try to bring about change, ended
them in jail. THAT has changed. Right or wrong, Varoufakis seems to be
honestly confronting the issue.... perhaps a case of necessity being the
mother or invention.

If her is waiting for the European workers to come to the aid of Greece,
Andy, he is more optimistic than I am. But that is my badly informed hunch.

--
It is the dilemma of psychology to deal as a natural science with an object
that creates history. Ernst Boesch.