[Xmca-l] Re: Elaborations on Nissen's Could Life Be...

Larry Purss lpscholar2@gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 08:13:34 PST 2015

Morten,
I am writing to acknowledge how relevant I find your work. I come to your
work as an elementary school counselor working in schools and your approach
to ethical dilemmas and standards and power [as force] is close to how I
experience school standards.

You ended your paper referring to "Derrida" [the could be ...] and "blues
hope".
In this post you say:

The concept of hope is at a different level, to do with why we would want
to engage in an activity with certain (or not so certain) goals. Andy's use
of "project" is also useful, if we do not think of it in too rationalistic
terms. I used "hope" also to recommend taking up Ernst Bloch's work.

The metaphor of "layers" and Helena's cloze technique of substituting
"hope" for "plans"

The question of the "relation" between "the layers" is an open question.
Rather than "substitution" if the relation is one of "oscillation"
[hope-plans-hope] in a non-linear Mobius strip would this clarify both
"hope" and "plans"?

The relation of movement [approaches] as both hope and plans but reflecting
deeply on the level of hope. Maybe Ernst Bloch will offer guidance.

The question of "why" IS AN ETHICAL QUESTION which I read as a question at
the center of your work. This "level" seems to be a "founding" moment in
the movements and approaches we decide to embark on