[Xmca-l] Re: good article attached

Annalisa Aguilar annalisa@unm.edu
Mon Feb 9 11:14:07 PST 2015

Hello Robert,

I would like to add to what you said, if I may, that in the ZPD, the teacher learns in equal measure as the student in your description (as well as others watching and listening). It may not be the same level of learning as for the student, it may be learning about learning, for example, in a lived-through experience of teaching, That is, if teaching is considered not as the sage on the stage, but the guide on the side. :)

The ZPD is not a one-way dialectic, but a multiple-directional dialectics, depending upon who's present, who's speaking, and who's listening?

As in the way listservs function, for example, it's own zoped extending over time and space into many people's lives.  :)

Kind regards,

Annalisa