[Xmca-l] Work flow question: Gantt charts for writing

Greg Thompson greg.a.thompson@gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 09:11:33 PST 2015

Writers of the world,

I'm looking for a better way to manage my writing workflow and wondering
what other people use to accomplish this.

When I worked in construction I found Gantt charts to be particularly
useful for figuring out how long a project was going to take and for
figuring out how to properly allocate time to it.

My sense is that a gantt chart could be a very useful tool to help manage
multiple writing projects and their deadlines, but I'm having difficulty
finding ones that are well suited for writing. It seems like the majority
are multi-user and are geared towards corporate team-based projects.
I found one that seems like it might be a useful tool:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/smartsheet-project-manage/cindmhdfkimaeggbebfjkmkdfiohldbm?hl=en

But I'm really looking for suggestions of how others manage their work
flow. (and yes, I'm very familiar with the old fashioned calendar - as well
as the new fangled Google calendar!). And if anyone has a program that they
use that they feel is helpful, I'd much appreciate pointers.

Thanks,
greg

--
Gregory A. Thompson, Ph.D.