[Xmca-l] Re: Imagination or Fantasy

Ed Wall ewall@umich.edu
Sat Dec 5 16:23:56 PST 2015

Mike

     This is helpful. At times the Riber edited version seems to read as if he did somewhat equate the two. Of course, fantasy is a complicated word also.

      I did look at what seemed to be a discussion around imagination in the archive, but it can sometimes be difficult to shift and it seemed better to ask.

       I think you could say there is concept development going on. However, what catches my attention is that on one side of a moment you have ‘pseudo-concepts’ (this doesn’t seem quite right) and on the other a concept. There is a leap and I am wondering about the make up of that leap. It is like saying intuition and describing the before and after.

       Anyway, as usual, all this is helpful and I will look into your pointers. There is clearly a sort of leap and I think one can make a case for it consisting, in part, of a sort of everyday imagination; however, there may be better ways to think about it.

Ed