[Xmca-l] Re: Is this good news for us? Should we comment?

Peg Griffin Peg.Griffin@att.net
Fri Aug 28 11:55:45 PDT 2015

It is also in the journal Science

Science  Vol. 349 no. 6251  DOI: 10.1126/science.aac4716    28 August 2015

    Research Article: Estimating the reproducibility of psychological science

   Open Science Collaboration

The collaboration is a huge international group (listed at the end of the full text)

The full text is available free http://www.sciencemag.org/content/349/6251/aac4716.full

-----Original Message-----
From: xmca-l-bounces+peg.griffin=att.net@mailman.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-l-bounces+peg.griffin=att.net@mailman.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of mike cole
Sent: Friday, August 28, 2015 2:02 PM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Cc: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Is this good news for us? Should we comment?

Yes, this article on non-replicability also appeared on the first page of the NY Times. And the failure of psychologists to take context seriously, and to use as "measures" indicators that have low-to-no ecological validity.

Note also the topics included in the re-view.

mike

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 10:21 AM, Carol Macdonald < <mailto:carolmacdon@gmail.com> carolmacdon@gmail.com>

--

It is the dilemma of psychology to deal as a natural science with an object that creates history. Ernst Boesch