[Xmca-l] Re: Help with Russian translation

Andy Blunden ablunden@mira.net
Thu Aug 6 18:02:46 PDT 2015

Your "over-literal" translation captures the grammatical
structure of the excerpt in a way that makes a lot of sense,
David. Thank you for that. I will definitely borrow from it.
The word otnosheniyi, which I have translated as
"life-projects" is usually translated as "relations" or
"life-relationships" but as I understand it, it is the
bolded word in statements like:
"The Party's *orientation* to improvements in agriculture
was affirmed." and
"The Central Committee's *priorities* were outlined by the
Secretary."
I also have in mind that the otnosheniya are *realised as*
activities, not even "realised by", so in a sense they are
the inner form of activities. A "life-project" is both inner
and outer really, but this seems appropriate to all the ways
otnosheniyi is translated.
Andy
*Andy Blunden*
http://home.pacific.net.au/~andy/