[Xmca-l] Re: Watch ""You Can Replace Property, You Can't Replace a Life": Voices of the Unheard in the Baltimore Streets" on YouTube

Peter Farruggio pfarruggio@utpa.edu
Thu Apr 30 15:16:49 PDT 2015

I'd call the "truly disadvantaged" the working class, many of whom are unemployed or underemployed in this economy.

Let's not forget that Sharpton was an FBI informer in the 1970s, during COINTELPRO, and that he and Jesse Jackson are heavily funded by billionaires' foundations.  Also, he teamed up for big money with Newt Gingrich to promote the neoliberal education agenda, privatization via corporate school takeovers

http://www.blackagendareport.com/content/send-clowns-3-stooges-gingrich-sharpton-duncan-hit-road-corporate-%E2%80%9Cschool-reform%E2%80%9D

-----Original Message-----
From: xmca-l-bounces+pfarruggio=utpa.edu@mailman.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-l-bounces+pfarruggio=utpa.edu@mailman.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of Dr. Paul C. Mocombe
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2015 1:49 PM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Watch ""You Can Replace Property, You Can't Replace a Life": Voices of the Unheard in the Baltimore Streets" on YouTube

Yes to both questions... however, there is an emerging divide amongst blacks during this whole process:

1. Young black people have shun the older leaders, jesse jackson, al sharpton, etc., of the civil rights movement...embracing cornel west who is being attacked by dyson, Sharpton and some others

2.  Black police officers in many instances  are complicit in covering up some of the actions of their white colleagues

3.  The divide between the interests of the black middle and upper-middle classes and those who William Julius Wilson refer to as the truly disadvantage are coming to light in these protest movements.

Dr. Paul C. Mocombe
President
The Mocombeian Foundation, inc.
www.mocombeian.com
www.readingroomcurriculum.com
www.paulcmocombe.info

  You Can't Replace a Life": Voices of the Unheard in the Baltimore
  Streets" on YouTube </div><div>

I need to ask two ill-informed questions: I need background to the clips and programmes.

1.  Are there any AfrAmer police used in quelling these "riots"?
2.  Are there any NON- Afr Americ people in the riots?

I was moved by the earlier clip posted about the local people holding the peace, and cleaning up too. Which prompts another ill-informed question:

Who watches Democracy Now?  Do mainstream Americans watch it?

I have been watching Noam Chomsky talks over the last few days, so developing a new language of healthy scepticism. I didn't have the right *language *of scepticism before, just the scepticism *itself*. Bravo Chomsky - I only studied his linguistics as a student, and wrote about his position in my MA.

Please bear with me.  I know a lot about South Africa politics but obviously not enough about racial issues in the US. I am using my XMCA colleagues as a short cut to knowledge.

Carol

--
Carol A  Macdonald Ph D (Edin)
Developmental psycholinguist