[Xmca-l] Re: Watch ""You Can Replace Property, You Can't Replace a Life": Voices of the Unheard in the Baltimore Streets" on YouTube

Carol Macdonald carolmacdon@gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 10:47:34 PDT 2015

Hi colleagues

I need to ask two ill-informed questions: I need background to the clips
and programmes.

1.  Are there any AfrAmer police used in quelling these "riots"?
2.  Are there any NON- Afr Americ people in the riots?

I was moved by the earlier clip posted about the local people holding the
peace, and cleaning up too. Which prompts another ill-informed question:

Who watches Democracy Now?  Do mainstream Americans watch it?

I have been watching Noam Chomsky talks over the last few days, so
developing a new language of healthy scepticism. I didn't have the
right *language
*of scepticism before, just the scepticism *itself*. Bravo Chomsky - I only
studied his linguistics as a student, and wrote about his position in my
MA.

Please bear with me.  I know a lot about South Africa politics but
obviously not enough about racial issues in the US. I am using my XMCA
colleagues as a short cut to knowledge.

Carol

--
Carol A  Macdonald Ph D (Edin)