[Xmca-l] Fwd: [COGDEVSOC] NOUN Database 2.0

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Tue Sep 23 09:46:57 PDT 2014

Does anyone "here" have an interest in this data base? If so, it would be
very interesting to know who's asking? Who is being asked?

mike

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jessica Horst <jessica@sussex.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 9:34 AM
Subject: [COGDEVSOC] NOUN Database 2.0
To: "cogdevsoc@lists.cogdevsoc.org" <cogdevsoc@lists.cogdevsoc.org>
Cc: Michael Hout <mhout@nmsu.edu>

 Dear colleagues:

 I am pleased to announce that the Novel Object & Unusual Name (NOUN)
Database has been updated and the 2nd Edition is now available! This new
edition includes 64 primary images and 10 object categories. Information
about the objects’ novelty and name-ability are also included. Finally,
there is an alphabetical list of novel names (pseudo-words). I hope that
this resource will be helpful for many of you as you plan your next studies.

 You can learn more about the NOUN Database on the WORD Lab website:
http://www.sussex.ac.uk/wordlab/noun and/or my collaborator’s (Michael
Hout) website: http://michaelhout.com/?page_id=441

 A handy PDF of information and the catalogue of images is available in A4
<https://www.sussex.ac.uk/webteam/gateway/file.php?name=noun-database-2nded-a4.pdf&site=390>
and US Letter
<https://www.sussex.ac.uk/webteam/gateway/file.php?name=noun-database-2nded-usletter.pdf&site=390>
format.

 Best wishes,
~Jessica

 ********************************
Dr. Jessica S. Horst
Associate Professor

 University of Sussex
School of Psychology
Brighton BN1 9QH
United Kingdom

 Email: jessica@sussex.ac.uk
Tel: +44 (0)1273 87 3084
Lab: http://www.sussex.ac.uk/wordlab
Lab FB: https://www.facebook.com/sussexwordlab

Development and Evolution are both ... "processes of construction and re-
construction in which heterogeneous resources are contingently but more or
less reliably reassembled for each life cycle." [Oyama, Griffiths, and
Gray, 2001]