[Xmca-l] Re: in the eye of the beholder

Andy Blunden ablunden@mira.net
Mon Sep 22 18:55:32 PDT 2014

Huw, I simply cannot respond to your challenge within the medium of  a
listserv. Your scepticism is justified but all I can do is pique your
interest.
But let me make this one point. It is a maxim widely agreed in CHAT,
that in order to understand something you must understand its
coming-into-being, or in Goethe's words: "Science is the history of
science." A social theory which tells you how things work until they
don't work any more, is as useful as Linnaeus's Systema Naturae. Some
descriptive use, but does not give you the kind of insight which the
Theory of Evolution gives.
Expounding the "project regularities" asks for a protracted exposition. Try
https://www.academia.edu/2365533/Collaborative_Project_as_a_Concept_for_Interdisciplinary_Human_Science_Research

Andy
*Andy Blunden*
http://home.pacific.net.au/~andy/