[Xmca-l] Re: In defense of Vygotsky [[The fallacy of word-meaning]

Andy Blunden ablunden@mira.net
Wed Oct 22 23:07:01 PDT 2014

No, the point is that for ANL "meaning" refers to the one true meaning
of something. He does not allow that the meaning of something may be
contested, and that a meaning may be contested because of heterogeneity
in society, different social classes, genders, ethnic groups, social
movements and so on. For ANL there is only the one true meaning of
something which "everyone knows" or individual, personal meanings, which
are therefore taken to be subjective.

Andy
*Andy Blunden*
http://home.pacific.net.au/~andy/