[Xmca-l] In defense of Vygotsky ["Sense and meaning" really means consciousness, which really means intellectualism]

Annalisa Aguilar annalisa@unm.edu
Wed Oct 22 22:11:22 PDT 2014

This continues and extends from my original post concerning Andy's breakdown of ANL vs. LSV.

There are about 8 points total... [copypasta is a starch of art]

4. ["Sense and meaning" really means consciousness, which really means intellectualism]
(see original post below)

Again a pothole. You say:
"The child's relation to the environment is whatever is appropriate at their level of development, not necessarily if at all, an intellectual relationship, that's all that Vygotsky claims."

I think know this, but what is ANL's critique against this? Is it that it is too "intellectual," which is possibly code for elitism or class? Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Wed, 22 Oct 2014 06:28:48 +0000