[Xmca-l] Re: units of analysis? LSV versus ANL

David Kellogg dkellogg60@gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 14:27:59 PDT 2014

Mike, Martin....

I'm afraid I don't have the Russian text of the Leontiev article. I
just read the one that Andy send round, from the JREEP. (I also read
his reply to Leontiev, and I can only say that he has a lot more
patience with this sort of thing than I do--I really couldn't get past
the part about "fatalistic determinism".)

Martin expressed interest in the other lectures in the series, which
we are translating. I enclose two--first of all the Russian and rough
English translation of the one whose summary I sent round (Lecture
Five on Psychological Devleopment). But secondly the Russian and rough
English translation of his final lecture on neurological development,
along with the summarizing endnote I wrote. Notice that Vygotsky says
that psychology can be thought of as the function of the nervous
system!

David Kellogg
Hankuk University of Foreign Studies

(MIke--many thanks for bearding the Boesch quote for me!)

dk