[Xmca-l] Re: Doctoral Theses and autobiography

Martin John Packer mpacker@uniandes.edu.co
Fri Oct 17 18:26:39 PDT 2014

Andy,

I think you probably didn't intend to post this to the whole list. But "working through" is a term in Freudian psychoanalysis. It is related to Freud's use of the ancient notion of "catharsis," but not identical. (Compare "abreaction.")

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Working_through>

<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6836082>

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abreaction>

Martin