[Xmca-l] Re: XMCA discourse

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Sun Oct 12 09:55:19 PDT 2014

Diane- (I neglected to turn off my computer!). There are now more that 800
people signed up for XMCA. If every started typing at once, we might crash
the ucsd server it sits on. And if it is just brownian motion in alphabetic
characters, what's the point? It WOULD be good to hear from more people. At
earlier times, i have tried to work out an arrangements where a dozen
partricipants each volunteered to organize a discussion on a topic of
potential interest for a month as a means of increasing breadth of
participation and points of view. It has never worked.

Perhaps it could be tried again..... if someone other than me would like to
organize it!

Like henry, I use wikipedia a lot as a starting point. For the disucssion
of the LSV article on the environment I would recommend that people
google *senghas
nicaraguan sign language. *My conjecture is the the evidence of what
happens if a lot of deaf kids are brought together without access to an
appropriate "ideal form" (see the LSV paper for significance of that term)
contradicts LSV's argument and has implications for general aspects of
theory. But first there has to be that co-reading so we are not simply
 tangling each other up in a new way.
mike

--
It is the dilemma of psychology to deal with a natural science with an
object that creates history. Ernst Boesch.