[Xmca-l] Re: XMCA discourse

Diane Potts djpotts7@hotmail.com
Sun Oct 12 09:44:14 PDT 2014

>From one of the many lurkers...

As a new academic and one who shares David Kellogg's interests in SFL, language education and socio-historical theory, I benefit tremendously from this listserv.  I recommend it regularly to PhD students and hold it up as a model of an online community that has managed to continue to engage in lively discussions about current research with the participation of senior scholars. Centering those discussions on readings, at least to me, seems to be an effective means of carrying out the community's boundary work - not always pleasant work, I'll admit, but one that gives coherence to who we are.

Diane Potts
Lancaster University