[Xmca-l] Re: how to broaden/enliven the xmca discussion

Dr. Paul C. Mocombe pmocombe@mocombeian.com
Sat Oct 11 14:34:35 PDT 2014

The statement speaks to this overemphasis in psychology between continuity, culture, and the agent of culture.  I have not come across many writings in this group who celebrate and highlight the discontinuity as deleuze and guattari do.  I may be mistaken...hopes this help.

Dr. Paul C. Mocombe
President
The Mocombeian Foundation, Inc.
www.mocombeian.com
www.readingroomcurriculum.com
www.paulcmocombe.info

Firstly, as I have said, I am too ignorant to follow you through the
discussion of Derrida et al. That may explain why I also have trouble
understanding the first sentence.

"The problem with modern psychology as I read through some of the writings
in this group is this very act of intentionality and the rational subject."

Whose writing are you referring to? Which act of intentionality are you
referring to? The problem may be one of terminology.  I googled lchc for
"rational subject" and came up with 5 references, the most recent  of which
in 2012 was in reference to Husserl. By contrast, the term mediation turns
up in 45,000 places and "mediated action" in about 2100. Different
discourse communities?

mike