[Xmca-l] Re: how to broaden/enliven the xmca discussion

Martin John Packer mpacker@uniandes.edu.co
Wed Oct 8 09:28:40 PDT 2014

Might some kind of reconciliation be possible here by recognizing that both acting and thinking are *semiotic* in character?  Acting requires ongoing interpretation of signs (icons, indices, symbols) in the world. Thinking ditto, the difference being that verbal thinking (thinking with words), at least, requires articulating that interpretation in the form of new signs.

?

Martin