[Xmca-l] Re: Fate, Luck and Chance

Martin John Packer mpacker@uniandes.edu.co
Sun Nov 23 17:51:23 PST 2014

Greg,

Interesting question! I'm inclined to say that consciousness is constituted both internally and externally, befitting its character as both a natural phenomenon and a social phenomenon.

Internally, consciousness is constituted by the various functions that LSV was keen to study: perception, memory, emotion, and so on. As he tells us, these form a dynamic system whose internal relationships are constantly changing.

Externally, consciousness is constituted by the practices and artifacts with which we sustain ourselves, including the knots and noches that David was reminding us of.

Martin