[Xmca-l] Re: Objectivity of mathematics

Larry Purss lpscholar2@gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 22:42:05 PST 2014

Andy,
the symbols are not governed by *natural laws* but by *rules*

I am returning to the themes of activity and meaning.

In the beginning is material substance AS object
material substance
becomes
the means of *figuring* [out] the symbols [as figures or as interpretations
or meaning or?]
*symbols* which ARE no longer means BUT OBJECT.
Symbols AS object ARE no longer governed by *natural laws* but are now
governed by rules
[like]
when a child is playing a rule-governed game.

QUESTION?
Where is *meaning* located? Is meaning inherent in ALL these trans
[across?] actions
or
is meaning an aspect of this unit?
larry