[Xmca-l] Re: Objectivity of mathematics

Andy Blunden ablunden@mira.net
Mon Nov 3 22:07:33 PST 2014

On pre-concepts, see p. 16 of
https://www.academia.edu/6262583/Vygotsky_on_the_Development_of_Concepts
, Ed.
The interesting thing with the unit, for me, is how the triangle
rotates, so that the material things which were once the substance of
the object, become the means of figuring out the symbols, which are no
longer means, but object. The symbols are not governed by "natural
laws", but by rules, like when a child is playing a rule-governed game,
like chess, which has its own rules, different from the rules of war.
How is learning elementary mathematics related to playing rule-governed
games?
Andy
*Andy Blunden*
http://home.pacific.net.au/~andy/