[Xmca-l] Re: L2

Carol Macdonald carolmacdon@gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 07:42:52 PST 2014

Martin

SCT in Language Learning doesn't even get to the Inner Speech area as far
as I know.  That would be LSV pure and uadulterated. It seems to me to
swallow the shallowly touted "definitions" that general instructions also
uses. I think your students might like a bit of exposition on the
development of Inner Speech.

I once had to restrained when a literacy student said that Vygotsky
invented group work!! These people sometimes quote tertiary sources with
abandon.  We were/are such purists in Psych in Education that students had
to read the primary sources.

Martin, I know what you said - I was pulling your chain on claiming
familiarity with the field on the basis of abstracts. I know you will have
headed for the library once the doors opened. Sorry mate.

Carol