[Xmca-l] Radzikhovskii, L. - article

C Barker C.Barker@mmu.ac.uk
Wed May 14 08:53:43 PDT 2014

Huw wrote:

Radzikhovskii wrote a fine paper pertaining to this:

Activity: Structure, genesis, and units of analysis.
Radzikhovskii, L.
A.<http://psycnet.apa.org/index.cfm?fa=search.searchResults&latSearchType=a&term=Radzikhovskii,
L. A.>
Soviet Psychology, Vol 23(2), 1984-1985, 35-53.

I seem unable to get access to this article. Does anyone have a .pdf they could pass on?

Thanks

Colin Barker
From: xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu [xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu] on behalf of Huw Lloyd [huw.softdesigns@gmail.com]
Sent: 14 May 2014 16:25
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Jesper Juul, Ludologist

On 13 May 2014 02:28, David Kellogg <dkellogg60@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know anything about the work of Jesper Juul, the ludologist?
> ( don't mean the Danish Doctor Spock.)
>
> Jesper Juul, ludologist, has apparently written several books on computer
> games, including one on the curious paradox that gaming is something we do
> for fun even though (despite knowing that) it will soon make us unhappy
> (like television and certain forms of drugs).
>
> I've only read one article of his, where he talks about playerless games
> (by which he means games that have no role for free will). It's mostly an
> intellectual exercise--a kind of gedankenexperiment which is really
> designed to show why we do need players and paradoxically why we should
> avoid thinking about play without thinking about the intrinsic quality of
> the game as well.

There's a link to his PhD thesis on the link Wagner posted, I believe.

>From the messages there it looks like hes mostly interested in writing
games etc.

> (I am actually thinking about this in the context of vocabulary
> research--what factors are intrinsic to the word, which are text intrinsic
> and which only inhere in the interaction between the learner and the
> teacher!)

At a broad guess, is this driven by notions of completeness with respect
to dialogic utterances in comparison to dialogic actions?

Radzikhovskii wrote a fine paper pertaining to this:

Activity: Structure, genesis, and units of analysis.
Radzikhovskii, L.
A.<http://psycnet.apa.org/index.cfm?fa=search.searchResults&latSearchType=a&term=Radzikhovskii,
L. A.>
Soviet Psychology, Vol 23(2), 1984-1985, 35-53.

Best,
Huw

"Before acting on this email or opening any attachments you should read the Manchester Metropolitan University email disclaimer available on its website http://www.mmu.ac.uk/emaildisclaimer "