[Xmca-l] Re: Questioning universal core emotions

Greg Thompson greg.a.thompson@gmail.com
Tue May 13 10:19:14 PDT 2014

In connection with "pain" perceptions, consider this podcast about pain and
the "placebo effect":
http://www.radiolab.org/story/91539-placebo/

In one segment, they explore pain and how pain depends on on'es context and
one's trajectory of identification within that context (the story is about
the difference in the pain experienced by soldiers at war as compared to
that of civilians at home).

They also have another show dedicated to pain in which they try to get to
the bottom of it. They explore three efforts to try to put a number to pain:
http://www.radiolab.org/story/233143-pain-scale/

Great listening for a commute.

-greg