[Xmca-l] Re: Questioning universal core emotions

Joseph Gilbert joeg4us@roadrunner.com
Sun May 4 17:28:53 PDT 2014

Regarding core emotions:
First, what are emotions? How do emotions relate to feelings? I have
found that the phones correlate to, represent and convey/transmit
feelings-emotions. The emotional relevance of the phones can be
experienced by voicing them over and over. We normally do not notice
that relatedness between phones and feelings-emotions because we
almost never vocalize unless we are verbalizing, and when we are
verbalizing, we are focused on the referential function of words
There is a de-facto prohibition against simply vocalizing, in public
and in private also. Doing so "rattles the cage" of our reliance on
the sounds of words to inform us of the effects on us - and hence,
the meanings of - the things that make up our world. Breaking words
down into separate sounds shines a light on the fact that the sounds
of words do not necessarily represent the things to which we refer
with them in our familiar language.

		Joseph Carroll Gilbert