[Xmca-l] Re: Questioning universal core emotions

Greg Thompson greg.a.thompson@gmail.com
Tue May 6 15:15:32 PDT 2014

and speaking to my previous point about problems with methods for studying
this kind of thing, consider the following from the Psy Science piece that
Mike forwarded:

"Himba participants appeared to have a cultural tendency to describe
vocalizations in behavioral terms initially; that is, on most trials, they
first identified the action instead of making a mental-state inference….
For example, instead of describing a vocalization as fearful, they often
used a term that translates to 'scream.'" (p. 913).

Woohoo!

-greg