[Xmca-l] Re: Questioning universal core emotions

mike cole lchcmike@gmail.com
Tue May 6 14:03:16 PDT 2014

Hi Ed.

I started the trouble here by posting the following story which purported
to report on the work of Lisa Barrett.

http://www.psypost.org/2014/03/the-six-universal-facial-expressions-are-not-universal-cross-cultural-study-shows-23471

That post started a discussion that began with methodology and appears to
have morphed into personal views of the matter.

I promised in the original post to find the article referred to in the
story, but got caught up in other matters and let it go. I should have done
so BEFORE I posted the story, which was, in my view now, misleading with
respect, at least, to this published paper. The paper in Emotion has not
appeared so far as I can tell.

Back to methodology?
mike