[Xmca-l] Re: What Faces Can't Tell Us

mike cole lchcmike@gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 18:00:39 PST 2014

Peter. "The lab" ? Ruled out?

I read Martin as saying that context and interpretation would be central.
Is it this particular study you are apparently disagreeing about?  He says
its better than universalism (a la Ekman, I assume). No 'round here more
sensitive to issues of experimental (laboratory?) studies and cross
cultural research so I am a little lost.
I have not had a chance to read John Shotter's piece that Larry sent and
wants to discuss. I am assuming they are part of the same discussion.Is
that supposition correct?

I am a little confused. What is at issue here?

Help gratefully accepted.
mike