[Xmca-l] Re: Playing with/at TED

Helena Worthen helenaworthen@gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 09:23:42 PDT 2014

Huw -- You're right, the TED forum is not a platform for critical engagement between theory and application of theory. It's a platform for provoking (hopefully) interest in things that are undergirded, behind the scenes, by theory.

I do not agree that this makes the concept of play un-theoretical or that popularizing a concept divests it of significance, even theoretical significance. I do, however, believe that theory can be presented in a way that is broadly accessible and explicit.  It's true that Lois does not try to do that.

Helena

Helena Worthen
helenaworthen@gmail.com
hworthen@illinois.edu