[Xmca-l] Re: is the mind a function of the brain?

larry smolucha lsmolucha@hotmail.com
Thu Jan 16 21:40:23 PST 2014

I think that the 'modern Western' view of mind and soul as being within us,might have been the prevailing view among Western intellectuals for a time.But it always existed alongside Western transcendenatlism (Emerson) andChristian mysticism, that viewed the soul as part of an oversoul that encompassed all of nature (objects in the world). [Plato's writings even suggest this.]Today, in the post-modern West, many intellectuals even see the metaphysical in quantum mechanics.
For example, there is an interesting book on Molecular Consciousness by Francoise Tibika (2013 Park street Press.)